|:::Responsibility And Performation
The Central Geological Survey, aiming to provide important basic geoscience information and lend support to
the nation's economic development and major construction projects, performs the following duties:
Publication of 1:50,000 geologic map sheets is a long term project of CGS
- Compilation of 1:50,000 geologic map sheets for the whole territory of Taiwan.
- Compilation of 1:500,000 geologic map, tectonic map, active fault map, and metamorphic facies map of Taiwan.
- Compilation of 1:100,000 geologic map and hydrogeologic map for certain parts of Taiwan.
- Investigation of engineering geology and construction materials for highways, railways, dam sites, reservoirs, and urban development projects.
- Investigation of active faults, earthquake disasters, volcanic activities, land creep, slides, and subsidence.
- Regional geologic surveys and studies of structural geology, stratigraphy, paleontology, and sedimentary basins.
- Mineralogic and petrologic studies; survey of mineral and geothermal resources; geochemical analyses and age dating.
- Investigation of groundwater and hydrogeology.
- Collection and processing of geologic data; publication of official journals and technical reports.
- Collection and exhibition of rock specimens, minerals, and fossils.
- Communication and cooperation with other geological organizations, both domestic and international.
:::© CENTRAL GEOLOGICAL SURVEY, MOEA
P.O.BOX 968, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
2, Lane 109, Hua-Hsin Street, Chung-Ho, Taipei, Taiwan 235, Republic of China
TEL: +886-2-29462793FAX: +886-2-29429291
The best browsing mode is 1024*768
Site visited :
Last maintained : 2019-06-25